Friday, August 12, 2011

Good morning from a sunny Cluny

The sun is streaming in the window and I'm enjoying a cup of coffee listening some music by Adele. Astrid's reading a book in the chair behind me, quoting random sentences as she goes. Have had a really nice week settling back in, lots of resting. Today is like my Sunday, I start doing shifts in the Cluny dinning room tomorrow (saturday).

I'm happy to be in the dinning room for the first month, though the decision to work in this department 'disappointed' park maintenance, which is unfortunate. There is a relationship that is developed between the individual and the work department, and since I'd spent time with, and was supported by maintenance in the VISA process, they felt I should have returned. Which was my plan originally. However I was asked to do a month of the 'Living in Community Guest' or LCG program, before joining the long term Living Education Apprenticeship Program or (LEAP). This may be a bit confusing but, I was accepted into LEAP for Park Maintenance, which was what allowed me to apply for the 2 year visa. So I was hoping to come back, make the move to the Park, and start in on the long term commitment. Instead I have a month where I need to live in Cluny, and felt better about living and working here instead of busing back and forth between the Cluny campus and the Park. Buses leave 45 minutes before work shifts start in the morning and arrive back 30 minutes after work ends in the afternoon and lunch break of two hours on the campus in which I don't live isn't so nice as being able to come back to the room if I feel like it. So long story short, I'll be in Cluny for the next month, and, as always, am a bit unsure of what happens next, although I'm intending on moving down to the Park and joining the Maintenance team still...

Enough about work though. Had a nice dinner out with Astrid on Tuesday, went down to the Kimberly for a burger, Astrid had the chicken tikka, and yesterday made it in for a tour of the closest of many distilleries in the area 'Benromach.' It was good to see the whole whisky making process spelled out so clearly ;)...

I'm going to go have a soak in one of the original and massive tubs in the building,

until next time,
Adam

No comments: